Sunday, November 1, 2009

They are hoodies with a zipper down the front of their face - pretty cool


That would be a Phillies cupcake he is eating
Red Power Rangers, in case you were wondering


Everyone has recovered from illness in our house and enjoyed the Halloween activities. Dawson's birthday was also this past week so we celebrated with a very proud 4 -year old. This was also a week with sadness and reminders of this horrible disease.

I received the results from an MRI brain scan and the tumors seem to be stable, which means no increase or decrease and no new ones. So, we wait and watch. Not bad news but not great news.

A woman I sat next to, on occasion during chemo, passed away this week. I remember my conversations with her and how concerned she was to leave her teenage son without a mother. His dad was not in the picture. Unfortunately because of my own chemo treatments and their effect on me, I was not able to attend her service.

I also had a few dear friends tell me of their diagnosis or their family member's diagnosis. It is difficult to find someone who has NOT been affected by cancer. My chemo this past week seemed to have an extra punch to it. When I got home on Thursday, I felt like I had been hit by a bus and only started feeling a little relief today once I figured out how to manage my meds.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers. These chemos are getting more difficult to tolerate. I will continue to pray for those around me who have suddenly been thrown into the world of cancer.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Barb- I love the pics of the boys. I think of Dawson every Oct 29th, as we celebrate AK's birthday. Miss you guys and can't believe how fast our little ones are growing up!

So sorry that the news you were hoping for didn't come- in some ways. Wish that chemo were zapping those tumors. Will continue to pray that they remain stable or decrease, and that you will get throught this chemo quickly. Praying for energy and strength. Wish I were there to come visit with you, or bring you a meal, etc.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

love the costumes and esp. the sweatshirts! sorry to hear of the loss of your chemo. friend and am praying for her teenage son who has just lost his mother. praying for you as well.
-kendra wiley