Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dave said to me this morning that he looks forward to a day where I am not merely surviving but living. He sees my discomfort and desire to help around here and how frustrated I am that I can do so little. Each day gets a little better in some way. This new chemo presented different side effects than I have experienced before and I am adjusting to that. I am hoping that once the boys are back in school and we get back on a schedule, I will be able to do more. We have a visiting nurse who comes by about every other day to help with my pleurx catheter. So many things have improved recently - my breathing, overall pain in my chest area and sleep! My energy is just zapped in the meantime.

It is so nice to be home. Dawson is actually sitting under the desk while I type this so I don't get too far. He was sitting at dinner the other day with a smile on his face (like he had swallowed the canary) and I asked him what was making him smile. He said he had a smile in his body that just needed to come out.

I have been lacks in sending out thank you notes to everyone who has brought us meals and helped us in so many ways. I am so appreciateive of all of the help and cards and encouragements and apologize for not getting out the notes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that you are breathing and sleeping better. The being off routine is rough, here, too. It sounds like everyone, especially Dawson, is glad that you are home, though. How cute! Take it easy. Praying for you all.
Bridget

Robyn said...

So glad that you are home with your family and feeling better. Praying that the new chemo does the trick, and that you will soon be feeling like yourself again. Happy Valentine's Day!

Laura Koslowsky said...

Dawson had a smile in his body that just needed to come out! What a sweet and honest way to express his joy to have mommy around. Love it! Bet that put a great big smile on your face as well. Happy Valentine's Day! Love you.