Thursday, February 18, 2010

Unexpected news

I went in for my 3rd week of chemo today and, for the first time ever, my white blood cell counts were too low to receive it. I had 500 white blood cells (normal is 3,000-10,000) and mine have never went below 2,000. I am receiving a different chemo and my oncologist said my bone marrow obviously can't take 3 weeks in a row, so I will start on 2 weeks on, 1 week off. I had plans to go away late next week and I have to go in on Tuesday to see if my counts go up with the booster shot I got today. Then I can be cleared for my trip.

I knew I felt a little wiped today and couldn't understand why. So, I did seek some help with the boys this afternoon so I can get cozy on the couch. David's school has a dance tomorrow night that I was hoping to go to but I will avoid that germ factory (and send Dave).

Otherwise, I am feeling a little better each day.

No comments: