Tuesday, July 6, 2010

2 weeks later . . .

Wow, I didn't realize it had been that long since my last post. In those 2 weeks, Dave and I went on a vacation to New England, just the 2 of us and we were also able to visit with family along the way. We returned to a whirlwind week of appointments and scans. My follow-up brain MRI scan showed no growth and no new tumors. We love it when all we have to do is nothing! I see my oncologist this Thursday for Herceptin and follow-up. This one may not not go as uneventful. I have had an increase in the amount of fluid produced through my pleuryx catheter. My arms are swelling more too. I'm not sure what that is all about.

Next week, I am scheduled for an outpatient procedure and it shouldn't keep me down for long.
Dave continues with his internship and we are somehow continuing to balance everything. Lots of prayer is our solution!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Still praying for you, friend. I hope you had a great vacation away. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Anonymous said...

So happy you had good news yesterday! Will continue to pray for your appt. Thursday. Bridget