Tuesday, September 11, 2007

As some of you know, today is my birthday. I have to admit, I woke up a little grumpy this morning but that has turned around. I have been flooded with emails, phone calls, and cards wishing me a happy birthday. This evening, I will be sharing my story with a small group from church. What better day to do it than the day we celebrate life?!

I am long over the stomach problems from my last treatment, but my body gets very fatigued at this time of day. I will take a nap but the rest of the day is a struggle. This is to be expected because of the cumulative effects of the chemo. I have my fifth treatment on Monday and I am too tired to think about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Barb,

Thank you for being willing to share with us tonight. It is very selfless of you to give up your birthday evening. We appreciate it, and are looking forward to hearing from you tonight!

Love,
Laura Williams

Anonymous said...

Barb, Fanny Crosby wrote -
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He hath done! ---
He made YOU! He, and we, are blessed.
Happy Birthday!
Jeannie and Harry Hogan

Amber said...

Hey Barb
Happy Belated Birthday. We think of you and your family often. Our church and friends are praying for you. I praise the Lord you are hear to have celebrated your birthday.
Thinking of you
Amber