Monday, September 17, 2007

It was a close one!

I was scheduled for chemo today but wasn't sure if it was going to happen. Even the nurse who drew my blood felt the same way. I woke up Friday afternoon with a head cold/ cough thing and it was in full force last night. This morning, I felt pretty sick and wasn't sure if my counts would be high enough for chemo. Fortunately, they were actually higher this round than last treatment. I was able to go through with it. Not that I am exciting to be getting chemo, but want to stay on the course of treatment and not put things off longer than necessary.

I was able to rejoice with a fellow patient today. She and I are on the same schedule and today was her last chemo. We have sat next to each other a few times and she is a such a pleasure to talk to. Dave joked with her that she would be running for the door on her way out. That will be me on my next treatment (and I will be running for the door)!! When my chemo is done, I will still need to go back every 3 weeks for Herceptin. I will need to do that until next June. So, I will still need to walk into that room every 3 weeks but will be able to walk out with little to no side effects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you were well enough to receive your chemo. You are nearing the finish line. I pray that you have a smooth week and that you will recover quickly from your cough/cold. You are a strong woman!
Susan

Anonymous said...

I can't say I know how you feel since I have never been in your shoes, but you need to know you are an utter inspiration to me Barbara. I am amazed at your strength, both physically and especially spiritually. I don't know that I could be as strong as you have been. My prayers are with you and your family. Paula :)