Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Some more much needed R & R

We are preparing for a trip to Williamsburg to the Great Wolf Lodge. Dave will not be joining us. The boys and I will be meeting some friends and it is a great place for both the kids and adults. It is an indoor waterpark, so the kids stay happy. It has a great restaurant and spa, so the parents are happy, too.

After we return, Dave and I are going to get away for an early Valentine's Day. I have found it helpful to do something fun before each hurdle . When Dave and I get back, I will be beginning radiation.

My big deal this week is registering David for kindergarten at the elementary school. How did this happen so fast? I just registered Dawson for preschool in the Fall. My babies grew up. Dawson's latest phrase when asked a Why question is, "I d'know." complete with a shoulder shrug. David's latest phrase is (not so cute), "I don't care." I asked him why he says that and he said he heard it from us. Ouch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a role model for living life to its fullest even in (or just before) the hardest times. May we all learn from you! And may God grant you great rest and enjoyment with all your boys!

Christie N. said...

Have a wonderful time on your vacation! I'm so glad you can get away and enjoy this trip again.