Thursday, November 8, 2007

Moved Mountains

I had the opportunity to speak last weekend at a Ladies' Tea. One of my topics was how we don't always know everything that is happening in a friend's life. The analogy I used was based on the lyrics of a song which said, "Don't get comfortable, I'm going to move this mountain. Then, I'm going to move you with it." I told how God sure moved a mountain in my life, but some of the "moved mountains" in other people's lives aren't always as noticeable. I spoke how the love and encouragement we show to a friend could be much more needed than we know. Some of the phone calls, cards, emails, etc. that I have received have come at a time when I was in great need of support.

One morning this week, I was lying in bed, thinking about our day and a friend came to mind. I thought that it would be nice to visit her, but wasn't sure of her schedule. I had a significant prompting to call her, so I did to see if Dawson and I could visit. She was available so we stopped by her house. We had a great visit and as I was leaving, she told me that she had wondered if her husband sparked this visit. The day before, she was having a rough time and really needed a friend. She thought maybe her husband had contacted me and told me what was happening. He didn't call me, but God laid her on my heart and He knew about her moved mountain. His goodness shines through!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for listening to the Holy Spirit and being there, you have always been a great friend. I'm glad I can also be there for you whenever you need me!

We look forward to getting very old with you & Dave and seeing what God does in our families lives!

Love you!!