Saturday, November 3, 2007

Overflowing with Joy

The news of those test results is really starting to hit me - I don't have cancer anymore! David has heard me talking about it and said at dinner tonight that since the cancer is gone, I don't need to get that yucky medicine anymore (chemo). We told him that he was right and he asked if it meant I needed to do anything else. We explained to him what is next but emphasized that all of this needs to happen to try and keep the cancer from coming back.

I have had the opportunity to talk to many people this week about a lot of the struggles I have faced. I was also able to share how I have been blessed in the midst of this tragedy. I just feel like I am on cloud nine and am at peace with finishing the course of treatment. I had really feared this surgery because of the recovery. But, I feel like since I had chemo, I can take almost anything. Where's that Rocky theme song?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara,
I truly believe that you have already been through the worst part - the chemo. Yes, there will be pain with the surgery, but I know you'll be able to get through it. Remember, we're here to pray you through each step of the process. Keep the joy flowing!!!
Love,
Vickie

Anonymous said...

and the right physical therapy post-surgery will help tremendously with the recovery! :)
Jill, the physical therapist :)