Thursday, November 15, 2007

My boys

I am going to take this opportunity to talk about my boys. I have really enjoyed spending time with them and not feeling so sick and tired. David and I had started reading a large book over the summer (300+ pages). We didn't get very far before we had to return it to the library. I remember thinking that the chapters were so long and difficult to read. I now realize that they weren't as long as I remember. We were reading that book while I was receiving the chemo treatments and everything seemed labored. I am enjoying it much more this time around!

I had to get new shoes for the boys the other day and as we were approaching the mall, David asked if we could get Crocs. I asked how he even knows what crocs are! He told me he knows a lot of things because he is in Kindergarten.. When we got to the store, the first thing he asked the saleswoman was, "Do you have Skechers?" I thought I had more time before brand names became important.

Today, David was very proud of himself. He informed me at 7:30 a.m. that he had cleaned up our playroom, because he is "just a good guy."

Dawson has also made his Daddy proud. Whenever he wakes up in the middle of the night, his first request is to watch Elmo (that isn't what makes Dave proud). When that is denied, his next request is football. Unfortunately for Dawson, neither one is on at 5 a.m., or at least not in our house.

No comments: