Tuesday, November 6, 2007

We have a date!

I met with the surgeon today and my surgery is scheduled for December 4. The scheduling nurse first said that she had this Friday available and I almost had a heart attack! But, with coordinating schedules with the cosmetic surgeon and the OR, December 4th was the first date all of that could come together.

The surgeon explained to us what will be happening in the surgery. Prior to meeting with him, we knew what would be happening with the affected side and thought we knew with the other side. But, after speaking with him and the way things looked on my MRI pre-chemo, he wants to test the sentinel node on the other side also. I was thinking that my underarm would not need to be cut on that side, but he wants to make sure everything is out of there. I want to treat this aggressively, but just wasn't prepared for that.

We are now in prep mode - mentally and physically. How do you prepare for something like this?

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I know you are glad to have a date set, so that you can begin preparing for this next step in the whole recovery process. We are praying for you, Dave and the boys constantly. If there's anything you need, please let us know. With much love and hugs!

Robyn