Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Feeling the aftershock

I met with my surgeon yesterday. The incision from my Arkansas surgery doesn't want to close completely. We are giving it some extra TLC (and stitches) to help it along. She would like me to become a weekly visitor so we can keep a close watch on it.

I also saw my family doctor yesterday. I have had this cold forever and now it has moved into my chest and seemed to set up camp. I go for a chest x-ray today. I also start some antibiotics (my third course since the beginning of June). The radiation has left my immune system "compromised" (as they put it) and my lungs are more susceptible to things like this. I don't really care how I got this way, I just would like this elephant to stop sitting on my chest! Dawson heard me use this expression yesterday and then kept saying I was like an elephant, complete with sound effects.

My heart is heavy over all of the headaches I still have to go through. It seems like anything slightly beyond the normal needs to be taken seriously and requires even more doctors' appointments and more tests. I have come to the point where I realize that this is a part of my life now, but it doesn't mean I like it.

2 comments:

together said...

As I read your blog I see there is still a path we must go... may not be the one we want but must be walked. I will pray for you and your family as this path is becoming tiresome. I see that even after chemo there are stones in the road. May God bless you as stepping over them is hard

Robyn said...

I keep saying this- but I am so sorry about your cold and the incision not healing as quickly as had been hoped. You have climbed so many mountains this year, and I admire so much your courage and your humor (oftentimes) in the midst of all this. You are so beautiful and radiate God's love to others. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to call.