Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No real news

After meeting with the oncologist today, we don't really know any more than before we arrived. A series of uncomfortable tests will be run next week and then we will meet with him again the following week to see what we are dealing with. He wants to know if more cancer is showing up other places. Best case scenario is it is only localized to the spot that was removed and we will treat that. Some course of treatment is in my future, just not sure what yet. It will be close to 2 weeks before we have any real answers.

By the way, we had planned on having some friends over this weekend. The question came up if we were still going to have this event. My doctor's orders are to have the party and have fun. Must follow orders!

I shared with him what David said to me after we received the results of the biopsy. David said, "Mom, I'm sorry your cancer came back. I hope you don't die from this one because I really love you." The doctor told me to tell David that he is going to do everything he can so that doesn't happen.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh, Barb! Just reading what David said makes me want to cry. Kids know so much more than we sometimes think, don't they. We will continue to pray for you through all the coming steps you will be facing. Again, if we can take the boys for you, or make a meal- anything- please let us know.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh.... the waiting. Continued prayers. If you want to go out and get a Reeses pieces sunday - let me know!!! You know that our family is always here for you guys!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Dear Barbara,
So sorry that you and your family are going through this trial. You encourage me so much with your Godly testimony, words can not even express. The trial you are going through with the Lord keeps reminding me to what is really important and changes my whole perspective on things. You and your family are continually in our prayers and I thank you so much for the courage to share this with everyone.
Love in Christ,
Sherry Herron
Proverbs 3:5,6

Anonymous said...

I am praying that it is localized. Not that you needed a setback in your healing, but God does work in mysterious ways. If you hadn't experienced issues with the reconstruction, I am just thankful that hope still continues and that your spirit will carry you through this next hurdle.

Anonymous said...

Dear Barb,

You don't know me but I am friends with some of your friends. The most recent person I found out about was Ruby Blair who is also fighting breast cancer. I want you to know that I will continue to pray for you. You sound like a wonderful person with a wonderful spirit! Laura Jane shared with me that you were going to try to participte in the Breast Cancer 3 Day in Philly. I will be too! I hope that I get to met you there.
Love, Theresa Hennessy