Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A thorn in my flesh

I have been asked frequently "How am I doing with all of this?" That is a hard question to answer. Sometimes, okay, simply because life has taken over and these boys have needs. Other times, their "needs" (or what they consider to be needs) are overwhelming and I find myself speaking with volume. I also find myself cherishing a moment with them.

When I can steal a quiet moment, I just cry out to God and that moment is interrupted by a little boy and his potty needs (which apparently already happened in his pants). Life goes on in the midst of this.

I keep coming back to the verse in Corinthians when Paul pleaded with God to remove the thorn in his flesh and God responded, ""My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I would like that grace super-sized please.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Barbara and family...our hearts cry out for you in this whole situation, know that we are praying for all of you. May His grace be sufficient, may He give all of you the power you need to move forward each day and may He comfort you and give you peace and rest...
we weep with you. The Lord has a greater plan, more then we can see in all of this.
Lots of Love
Amber for us all

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family- especially today. May the doctors have wisdom as you meet with them today.
Rachel

Robyn said...

Our thoughts are with you today. Wish we could call, but our phones aren't working where we are. Know that we will be praying "without ceasing" for you today.