Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dawson's first day of school







Yesterday, Dawson began preschool. He just went in and sat down and joined in with the activities. He already is familiar with the room and faces since we go to church there.

He had some trouble the day before. We were playing in a neighbor's backyard, when Dawson seemed to stumble on a yellowjacket nest and made them angry. He had 4 stings, 2 of them in the eyebrow. When he woke up yesterday, his eye was swollen - you can tell in some of the pictures. The good news is he isn't allergic! He kept clarifying that they were yellowjackets, not bluejackets.

I also picked up my new look yesterday while Dawson was at school. I picked him up with my new wig and he didn't seem too phased. He told me today that I have girl hair now, and don't look like a boy anymore. I think that is a compliment. When we got home, I asked him if he wanted to see a trick and pulled off my wig. (I wanted to make it something fun since he hasn't seen me to do that since last year.) He then wanted to show me his trick which was a tumble on the floor. Today, I ended up buzzing what hair was left.

When I visited my doctor yesterday, he told me we would do scans the end of October to see how I was progressing and my next question was how much more chemo after that. He suggested 6 rounds as long as the scan shows good progress. That means 18 weeks of chemo and today was the 4th week. Ugh! If all stays on track, I will continue until the end of January and then stay on a maintenance drug. That was hard to hear, but I have advised others not to think about how many more chemos you still have to do, just focus on today. I should take my own advice!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey looks like such a big boy at school! The Lamancusas

Anonymous said...

He looks like such a big boy at school! The Lamancusas

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Nick and Dawson! Thanks for taking this picture!

-Griselda

Kristin said...

The first pic of Dawson is especially precious! I can't believe Connor will be going to preschool next fall as well. Does Dawson like it?

And holy cow...so sorry to hear about the yellowjackets! That's awful! But his remark was too cute!

It must be hard to think ahead to all of those months. But you have such a great attitude, and that counts for a lot!!! (And I thought you looked great when I saw you at the fair, BTW!)

P.S. How is David adjusting to Kindergarten?

Robyn said...

Great photos, Barb. Glad he's adjusting well to preschool.