Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nothing like a chemo birthday!

"29 again?" was the question of the morning. Okay, this would be the 4th time I turned 29, but who's counting? All of the cards, emails and hugs definitely made the chemo a little easier to take today. Thank you so much for thinking of me today.

A friend walked David home from the bus stop today. I told how much I missed walking with him but the chemo really knocked me out today. He has played boxing on the Wii so he and I were imitating the boxing moves (and knockouts). He asked me if I fought back. I told him I will tomorrow when I walk 5-7 miles. That is my way of fighting back and telling this cancer that it won't keep me down!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara,

Hope you enjoyed your birthday even though you had to go for chemo. I'll have to get you a peanut butter sundae to celebrate!!!

Vickie

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY BARBARA!

-Griselda

Robyn said...

So sorry you had to do chemo on your birthday! I hope our card reached you in time. We love you! It was good to see you today. I hope that you enjoy the clothes. It makes me feel happy to know that someone I love will (hopefully) enjoy the clothes that I loved!

Kristin said...

Happy Belated Birthday!