Sunday, December 16, 2007

Big Boy Beds!

I continue in my recovery and loved going to church this morning. I was really beginning to be affected emotionally by not getting out of this house enough. Dave and I were also able to go on a hot date (actually, quite cold) for 20 minutes and walked around the block this afternoon. Today has really lifted my spirits. Yesterday was difficult and the waterworks would start flowing and I had trouble stopping them. I try keeping it together when the boys are around, but when I climb into bed at night, sometimes, it just starts flowing.

We put together a toddler bed for Dawson yesterday. We were torn on whether to keep the child caged longer or not. The toddler bed doesn't require lifting but he is able to escape and escape he did. It was only a couple times, though. We kept the crib together just in case it wasn't working, but the way Dawson was talking about his "big boy bed" made us think he wasn't going back to the crib. This afternoon, he didn't want to get in his bed for his nap and I asked him if he wanted to go in his crib like a baby and his response was "No baby" so Dave is cleared to take it apart. I was looking at that crib yesterday and recalling some memories. I also realized it would probably be the last time we use it. Just more tears.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad today was a better day and that you were able to attend church. Transitions can be so difficult - for little people and adults. I bet Dawson loves his newfound freedom! Are you looking forward to those night-time chats when he comes to visit you? Hee, hee, hee!

Robyn said...

It is hard to watch our "babies" grow up, isn't it? When we sold the crib a few months ago, I had some big feelings of remorse and loss, even though we knew we didn't want to store it anymore. So, I understand your feelings a bit. I know Dawson is probably loving his new bed. Hopefully, you'll still be able to get sleep at night, and he'll soon get used to it, without getting up too much. Will got up 9 times the first time he was in a big boy bed, and I thought I was going to go crazy!:) But it all worked out. It was good to see you today!

Love,
Robyn

Amber said...

Hey I am so glad to hear that your day was going better. We so often think of you and your family and pray for you. Wish we could be around more to help wipe those tears...
thinking of you and praying for you
Love
Amber for us all