Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Pain pills are a good friend!

Okay, I am sitting here at home with an 8 pound laptop on my lap (10 pounds is my limit), arms propped up, and pain pills that have just kicked in! When my surgeon told me this morning that cancer was found in my "good" side, I was concerned but more relieved in the choices we have made through this journey. Some of those choices were 6 months ago when we decided to change surgeons. If I hadn't chosen to have the right breast removed also, the cancer in those lymph nodes would not have been discovered until later. This is how the surgeon put it to us, "Another year from now, and it would have come back." Our lives would have been on the track to our new normal, and we would have to go through all of this again. It is so encouraging to me how God has guided our decisions.

My hospital roommate had the same surgery I did. She and I compared notes and were able to help each other through some tough times. I am so comforted by God's hands in all of this. We will get through this, one day at a time.

On a lighter note, I called Pop and Gam to talk to the boys. Pop answered the phone and went to fetch David. Well, David apparently had better things to do than speak to his mother who is recovering from major surgery - he was watching a movie and did not appreciate the interruption. Pop "encouraged" him to speak to his mother and he promptly got on the phone. He told me about the snow and his field trip today to the Christmas tree farm. Dawson was also very excited about the snow. I miss them - this house is too quiet without them here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barb and Dave, you and the boys are in our constant prayers. You have been so faithful and God will continue to wrap his loving, healing arms around you. Judy and Jim Mulhern