Sunday, December 2, 2007

An Early Christmas

Well, we celebrated Christmas this weekend with our families and it was really fun. It was a great distraction from what is about to happen on Tuesday.
Now, the distractions have run out and reality has set in. I will be saying goodbye to some good friends on Tuesday.
I entertained my family this afternoon with some of the things I was doing. My mind was certainly not in the right place as I covered sweet potatoes with provolone cheese (the cheese was meant for meatballs, not sweet potatoes), reheated the pumpkin pie instead of my lunch, and was generally a mess. I have a million things running through my head and find myself overwhelmed emotionally. We attended a special Christmas Carol Service tonight and singing those Christmas songs really got to me. Tucking in my children also has new meaning. Hugs are also wonderful because I won't be able to get them for awhile.
I will close with a line from my favorite Christmas Carol, "O Holy Night" - In all our trials born to be our friend. He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger.
I will have Dave update you with my status post-op.

4 comments:

Dorel said...

Barb,

Continuing to uphold you and your family in prayer!! It's hard to know what to say, but please know that you are very much loved. The prayers will continue to flow from all your family, friends & church family!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara-
Thanks for sharing via your blog. I will continue praying for you and your family during this next phase of surgery and recovery. I am praying for a faster than normal recovery process- for rest for you- and for strength that is given from God!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Barbara,
On Thursday, when I saw Dr. Pahnke, I told him to take very good care of you or he'd have to answer to me! You will be in good hands with Dr. Pahnke and Dr. Warren, but most of all in the hands of our Heavenly Father. I'll be praying for you to have a good night's rest (no 3 AM wake-ups)and God's peace tomorrow as you prepare to go to the hospital. Remember to request those warm blankets!!! I know you WILL come through this even stronger than you already are!!! I'll be anxiously waiting to hear that the surgery is over. My prayers for you will be unceasing all day tomorrow. I love you, Barbara!!! Stay strong and rest in Him!!!
Love,
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara -
We have Bible study at Laura's tomorrow (Tuesday) morning and will be praying for you as a group and it will be a reminder to all of us to cover you in prayer through the rest of the day and days to follow!
May the Lord grant great peace and great healing in all aspects,
Jill