Sunday, December 9, 2007

Good squeezes from the boys

I was able to see the boys last night for about an hour. They both hugged my neck and it was the best feeling in the world. Dawson just laid his head on my shoulder and wanted me to hold him. He was really upset as I was leaving. David just said, "Mom, I really miss you." But, they are having a good time with Pop and Gam.

Dave went to McDonald's with everyone for lunch today. He was quickly reminded of the chaos known as David and Dawson.

I see the oncologist tomorrow for a scheduled IV drug but we will be talking to him also about this new development. I don't know if they will have the pathology report back or not. I am not sure what the best news would be or what the courses of treatment are, if any. This is upsetting to me and I have had to distract my mind from all of the thoughts associated with this. We need more answers and get to wait - again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got some time with the boys. And it was great talking to you on the phone last night. Please know you are constantly on my heart and in my prayers. I hope a visit can work out soon!
Love you,
Christie

Robyn said...

Catch a big hug from me, my friend! I miss you and hope to come see you soon. I know that this news is distressing and that waiting can be so hard. I will continue to pray for God's peace for your entire household and that you will get good sleep! I thought of some verses when I was sitting in church yesterday, for you. It is actually a prayer that a lot of pastors use to end a service, but I love the words: Jude 24- Now to him who is able to keep you from falling nad to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy- to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen! He is able to keep us from falling! Isn't that such an encouragement?! I love you and am praying that you will feel his arms around you today!

Love,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I am so glad that you got to hug your boys. I am sure that was the greatest feeling. You and your family are always in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the updates.

Love,
Griselda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are progressing right along, but it must be frustrating to have to take it slow, especially at this time of year! Praying for you lots!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara. You and the family have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly and I asked David yesterday how you were doing. I am glad someone passed along the link to your blog so i can keep posted on everything. Keep that head up and that christmas picture of you and the family is absolutely wonderful. Hugs and know I am here for you if you need me. Call me anytime!

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara-
I am so glad that you got to see your boys. From your postings it sounds like not being able to see them was one thing you were really dreading- so I am sure that it was great to spend a little time with them. I will be praying for your visit with the doctor tomorrow. I will be praying for answers- that they will have some details for you- and I will be praying for rest and peace for you in the meantime.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara and Dave! Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and the boys! Glad you got some 'neck hugs'! Thanks for keeping us all updated on your blog! I always look forward to seeing what's going on and what the Lord is up to in your lives!
love,
Katie