Monday, December 24, 2007

I am presently supervising "present placement"

Well, David is asleep and Dawson is quickly on his way. Mommy & Daddy would like to be achieving that same goal very soon so we are putting out the presents now. This year, Christmas is filled with all kinds of thoughts and emotions - "We had no idea last year what this year would bring" . . . "What will happen next year?" . . . even "Will I be here to enjoy this next year?" Unfortunately, all of these thoughts sometimes make me into someone not so filled with the holiday spirit and those close to me are getting to know that "spirit." At the same time, I am finding some moments to be much more enjoyable also - like our Christmas Eve service, David talking about Santa in a logical way, Dawson just repeating "presents?", how many homemade ornaments my children added to our tree this year (everytime they colored a picture in the last couple weeks, it was added to the tree), and the joy of spending Christmas with my family.

Well, my wonderful husband has placed the presents in the proper manner and we will be able to sleep soon. I wish you all a loooonnnggg night's rest (hopefully, no 5 am tugging to open presents) and a very Merry Christmas. Remember to relax and enjoy (and I also know that it is easier said than done).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been thinking of and praying for you. May the Prince of Peace (that gives the peace that only he can - one that passes understanding) fill you with joy this Christmas. So glad to hear the doctor gave you encouraging news this past week and that your recovery is going well!
Love,
Christie

Anonymous said...

I hope you weren't awakened too early. My daughter went downstairs without us knowing it and set off the house alarm, so that is how we woke up Christmas morning. That will be a memory we won't soon forget! I hope that you are able to also get the rest that you need.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Dear Barbara,
Thank you for the reminder - none of us may be here next year, or even tomorrow - the Lord Himself may return. We all have to live each day well. May the Lord keep your spirit up each day.

Robyn said...

It was so good to see you the other day! Thanks for coming over and putting up with our craziness! The kids are both sick-but we think they are getting a little better each day. Hope your Christmas was a great one!

Love you,
Robyn