Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Hope filled Day

We will be going to sleep tonight feeling a little less anxious. We met with some folks about the pathology report post op and asked the question of what this information means in terms of the future. We were encouraged by the fact that my oncologist still considers me to be cancer free at the moment and will continue with the prescribed course of treatment. He is also realistic and said that I will be monitored very closely following the treatment to see if there is recurrence. We just needed some good news. We were also reminded today of those grace moments - times in everyday life that may seem a little more precious. Those are the moments where we see God's love amidst this sorrow.

I have also started my physical therapy and am getting close to full range of motion. I started driving yesterday and today was able to do the backseat pass. You know - "Mom, I want . . ." and I was able to reach back to the kids and give it to them. That movement was difficult but the desired item was passed.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

YEA! More freedom! I am so excited for you- that you can drive, and reach back to pass things! WOW! That is a huge accomplishment. I'm amazed at how quickly you are progressing, and learning more and more as you share your journey with us. You are loved! When's David coming over to play?

Love you,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

How great that you are getting back to full range of motion so quickly - the "back-seat pass" is a real marker.

I was glad to see you looking so well on Sunday. Your short hair is most becoming.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara-

What wonderful news from the doctor! Yea for being cancer-free! I am so glad to hear that physical therapy is going well and that you are making such great progress. Merry Christmas!

Rachel