Friday, December 14, 2007

My Boys Are Back!

My boys returned last night and it wasn't quite the reunion I envisioned. Sure, everyone was happy to see each other but I was quickly told that I was not doing something the way that Gam did it and there were tears flowing. Reality set in but I was ready to get back into life as we usually know it around here. Granted, Dawson being awake and crying for about 1 hour wasn't exactly the reality I remembered.

I have accomplished many small everyday tasks in the last few days. I was able to take care of more of the boys' needs than I expected, but I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that they were cooperating!

I met with the breast surgeon yesterday. Everything looks good and he gave me some practical tips to help me avoid injury. He also told us that the cancer that was found in the right lymphnodes is the same as the other side, but they can not pinpoint how it got there. No cancer was found in the right breast or its skin. We will still meet with the oncologist to get his take on it. I have also been cleared to start physical therapy. We have a busy week next week, Dawson has a feeding evaluation and will begin his speech and physical therapy, I already have 3 doctors' appointments scheduled, and David has his Christmas program at school. So, I think I will just begin after Christmas. I have exercises to do at home in the meantime.

Thank you for all of your cards and prayers and I am planning on going to church this Sunday - big outing!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

It was so good to see you on Wed! Glad to hear that your boys are back. Give yourself plenty of grace during this time as you recooperate. I know that is hard, but you need it, and it's ok to realize that. You are a wonderful mother and I know your boys love you so much. Can't wait to see David in the program!

Love,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

Good news from the breast surgeon that you are healing well! And you should have no worries about putting off formal therapy a week as long as you can keep doing the range of motion and stretching exercises even just a little bit each day...:) Jill

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you drop off David at school Friday morning. You really are looking good, and your hair is definitly longer since I last saw you. Take each day a step at a time. I was reading Matthew 11:28-30 this week and picturing Jesus yolked with you and giving you rest. Keep letting Him take the load and lead you along this path.
Love,
Christie