Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hair Products? Can it be?!

Yesterday, I walked down an aisle in Target that I haven't visited in 6 months - hair products. Seeing that I have a whole 1/2 inch of hair on my head, I thought it might be time to buy some product to help with the unruly hairs (the ones that stick straight up like Dennis the Menace).

We have taken the tree down and the Christmas decorations and Christmas is officially over in our house. It is always a little sad to take it down, but I am looking forward to some routine. I have about 6 weeks before radiation begins. I have some weekly appointments in the meantime but I enjoy these breaks in our cancer world where I can just be "mom" for a little while. Not as many moments of explaining to my children that "I can't because of . . ." is a welcome change.

I am also excited that I will begin the New Year with full range of motion in both arms. I am almost 4 weeks post op and am moving my arms in ways I couldn't 2 weeks ago. Thank you to my physical therapist and her encouragement, I will begin strengthening in another week.

Hope all of you had an enjoyable Christmas! Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the full range of motion! That is a great accomplishment for not even four weeks out! Happy New Year and may God richly bless you and your family in this new year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara- it was great to see you at church looking so well the past few weeks. I'm glad to hear you're doing better each day and are back in the hair aisle!! You look fantastic and I admire your strength and optimism. We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy a truly fantastic New Year.
Amy Hudson

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're getting the motion back as well as enjoying a sort of a break from treatments. May this new year truly be happy for you. Wishing you the greatest two-thousand and eight-est!
Love,
Christie

Robyn said...

Yea! Hair stuff and full range of montion! Both big things to celebrate. Hope you guys had a wonderful, peaceful New Year's!. Let's get together again soon!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

That is great...on the hair products, full range of motion and seeing you today....LOOKING FANTASTIC! I really look up to you Barbara...you are full of strength and determination and I know that the Lord has helped you and your family during this hard time and I can see Him working in and thru you....I have never seen or experienced to this extreme...it is truly enlightening! God Bless and Take Care!

Kristin said...

Barbara,

This is your neighbor, Kristin (Cameron and Connor's mom), from down the street. Ann sent me the link to your blog. I just read it all and I am wiping away tears. What an inspiration you are! You have an amazing attitude and you are an amazing mom as well. You are in our thoughts! Please let us know if there is any way we can help.